Our proposal is to build a network of marine robotics RIs to help ensure that the EU remains a world-leader in ocean science and engineering, with a thriving maritime industry. The proposed RI will enable, expand and reduce risk of access to next-generation marine robotics technologies and operational expertise and will build confidence in end-users to accelerate the adoption of next-generation marine robotics for the marine sector as a whole.
To do so we will have a series of Trans-national access activities (TNA) with the focus of:
- providing a coherent framework for stakeholders to gain access to both the “standard” and the “developing” capacities of the RI
- providing access to appropriate levels of training and best-practices, to build sustainability by educating the next generation of practitioners
- providing access to experimental activities proposed by external partners or use-cases that are chosen to provide a broad cross-section of experimental opportunities for end-users
Through all this EUMarineRobots is making available a huge range of marine robotic and support infrastructure with a capital value of well in-excess of €500M and its associated support personnel.
Access will be available to external users through calls for participation
These calls will follow 2 specific themes
activities proposed by external partners in response to calls offered by the project. The external partner will apply to use the robotic infrastructure made available by a partner or a set of consortium partners.
Integrated Experiments (UseCases)
- integrated Experiment Use Cases in nominated thematic areas:
- Cultural Heritage;
- Ecosystem Mapping;
- Offshore Energy-Use of Smart ROVs in Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR);
- Arctic under-ice and ice-margin operations.
Publication of calls
Calls will be published on this site with the following tentative timeline
Call 1 by the end of 2018
Call 2 by the end of 2019